[WoodyBay] Woody Bay E-Mail List Charter Changes-July 4th 2021 Weekend

Michael G. Brattland mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com
Sat Jul 3 09:46:11 PDT 2021

The "WoodyBay" is a Woody Downing idea to connect the greater San Diego Car
Community since the early 2000s which has expanded over the years to include
most of SOCAL in its reach with upwards of 900 plus members on this list. It
has always been a one-way mailing list where items and messages to be shared
were all funneled to Woody who would then pass them to the list for all to
view read or trashcan.  With Woody Downing's passing on June 4, 2021,
WoodyBay will continue as a memorial to our friend Woody Downing but looked
after by Mike Brattland, GOB, OTHG and West Coast Willys Club Member and
Woody's old webmaster and friend for 30 plus years.
WoodyBay has become interactive which means I have adjusted the mail list
settings so that anyone on this list only may post to the list. If an
individual posts something to the list, all 970 members will see it just as
if I or Woody would have posted before, but it will come from any of you. If
anyone on the list responds to this post, only the person posting the item
will see a response. So, it should mean all of you will see everything once,
but you will not see responses from others on the list to individual posts.
The "WoodyBay" offers the opportunity for list members to share using the
email address woodybay at goodoleboyssandiego.com
<mailto:woodybay at goodoleboyssandiego.com>   , car related items for sale
whether cars and parts, cars for sale, tools, etc. including car event
announcements, car, hot rod, racing related items including media/videos
going forward. If car related, that is what is to be shared here going
forward.  Leave all other topics to other forums please. Keep it simple and
on topic.
The Calendar will remain alive and well. If you have an event you want
listed on the calendar, please post that information directly to me, Mike
Brattland mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com <mailto:mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com>   .
As was the case when Woody was with us, he would send an updated calendar
via this list plus give me the revised list which I would upload to his GOB
website. The only change is I will be doing it all now, but in the memory of
our friend Woody Downing.
For now on, since there are as many on one side of the coin as the other
side of the coin, no more anything not car related including political,
jokes, etc. It is time for change and personally Claude Smith and I do not
have the time to be referees of who said, she said, take me off the list, I
am staying on the list anymore. Such topics are history as of 4th of July
weekend.  Going forward every member of this list will have the power via
their keyboard to share in the car related areas.  Political opinions and
discussion from both sides of any issue or topic will not be welcomed here.
Consistent off charter posts will see you removed. If car related stuff does
not work for you, by all means remove yourself from the list. Opinion or
discussion directed at a list member or members of this discussion group of
a personal nature is not welcomed or will be tolerated on WoodyBay.
The "WoodyBay" is a closed and moderated discussion list. New members may
join Woodybay list may join the list via www.goodoleboyssandiego.com
<http://www.goodoleboyssandiego.com>  . Existing members can leave WoodyBay
at any time using normal list procedures laid out on
www.goodoleboyssandiego.com  mailing list menu item or by sending a note to
the moderators.
The admin/moderator for the "WoodyBay" is CDR Michael G. Brattland, USN
(Ret.), mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com <mailto:mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com>
and Claude Smith. I will be adding several other car community folks from
the car club community as well as moderators.

CDR Mike Brattland, USN (Ret.) mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com
<mailto:mgbrattland at gerlecreek.com>
Admin/Moderator WoodyBay & WoodyBay Calendar of events
619 454-0496  '38 Willys P/U/'66 Fairlane GT
Webmaster for www.goodoleboyssandiego.com
<http://www.goodoleboyssandiego.com/>
www.woodys57.com <http://www.woodys57.com/>   www.overthehillgang.com
<http://www.overthehillgang.com/>